Regular exercise plays crucial role in being healthy. Active people live longer and feel better. Exercise can help you maintain body weight as well. It can help prevent diabetes, some cancers, heart problems and many more. Regular exercise and physical activity is the path to health and well-being. Exercise burns fat, builds muscle, lowers cholesterol, eases stress and anxiety, helps sleeping restfully.
Several exercises can be done to be fit and fine. Some of the widely used are physical training exercises, yoga, running, walking, fitness training, bodybuilding, aerobic dance, workout programs and developing a healthy exercise program.
Importance of Exercise
Every person should exercise for 30 minutes every day or 60 minutes every alternate day. The exercise can either be moderate or vigorous. Why exercise? The reasons are:
- Weight loss is a major concern these days. That can be obtained by aerobics, walking, running and jogging, swimming, etc. Those exercises will help in burning a number of calories. It will in turn also help in increasing the metabolism of the body. Visceral body fat is also reduced with regular exercise.
- Normally, due to low stamina, you may feel tired very fast or not able to perform an activity as fast as you would like to. With regular exercise the body is trained to use less amount of energy for doing certain amount of work. This also makes the body more efficient in energy management, which in turn helps in increasing stamina. You will also observe that with regular exercise the heart rate come back to resting levels sooner after you have performed a strenuous activity.
- With regular exercise, muscles become firm and tone up, as well it helps in increasing endurance. It is important that you opt for some strength training activity along with cardiovascular activity, when you want to tone up.
- Exercise also extends to good posture. A person who works out regularly normally has a better posture as compared to a person who does not work out regularly. There are no special efforts required for improving the posture, when one works out regularly by exercise.
- Exercise helps in increasing self-confidence and self-esteem. It reduce the chances suffering from depression. A person who works out regularly will be less anxious than people who do not work out. Exercise helps in releasing endorphins and chemicals, which help in making the person feel more peaceful as well as happy.
Ways of regular exercise
- Brisk walking is good exercise in morning. It has the least risk of injury. Walking involves stretching and strong muscle movements.
- Full Body Squats involve standing with your legs apart at a shoulder length distance. Your arms should be held pointing forward. Slowly go down by bending your knees till your thighs are parallel to the ground. Hold the position for a few seconds and come up. This should be repeated at least 5 times. It strengthens your leg muscles.
- Crunches done by lying on your back with your knees bent. Cross your arms across your chest. Crunch fast and go back slowly. 10 to 15 crunches per set are good for beginners.
- Push-ups are more suited morning exercise routine for men. While doing this be sure your legs and body are straight. Look ahead and not at the ground. Go down and come up quickly. 5-10 pushups in a set are good when you begin.
- Yoga is the best morning exercise routine for women and men. The gentle movements in yoga help in releasing stress and also tone, and also prepares muscles for more vigorous activity during the day.
- For indoor jogging, wear your sport shoes and track suit, and start jogging in place, you can add some more variety to the workout by raising your knees higher. But, if you wish to run indoors, then you can consider investing in a good sturdy treadmill machine.
- Cycling workout are great for those who want to lose body fat especially from their leg region, also performing cycling on a bike which has back support is very helpful for people with weak backs. So, you can get a stationary bike and use it at different intensities.
- Dancing are fun cardio exercises for kids and adults, and you can even do it together with your kids. Use dancing indoor exercises for children and adults with high beat music and do fast paced dance, so that you burn out those excess calories.
- Ballet heel raise, this exercise implies lifting the ball of the toes while supporting on the big toe. Your body weight will be centered on the big toe and you have to gradually raise the toe to maintain equilibrium similar to ballet dancers. Keep your hands on your waist while performing this exercise.
Insert date: 2011.09.21 Last update: 2011.12.22